Friends

Friends

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Why "Peanuts"?


I have loved the "Peanuts Gang" for as long as I can remember. My sisters used to call me "Lucy". I never could figure out why. She is crabby, and I, on the other hand, am just like "Mary Poppins". I'm practically perfect in every way. :)

It is easy to see why I love Schroeder. The piano is such a part of my life that, of course, I'm drawn to him. I always think it is cute to see him playing his toy piano with the bust of Beethoven on top. One of my college friends painted me a picture of Beethoven playing a toy piano with a bust of Schroeder on top. It is one of my treasures!

The children at school knew that I loved the "Peanuts Gang" because I decorated my room with "Peanuts" things constantly. They started giving me their "Peanuts" things which I thought was incredibly sweet. I hated to take any of it, but they were delighting in giving them to me. Of course I prominently displayed all of it!

I have thought of hiring someone to watercolor paint me a picture of Lucy as Scarlett O'Hara, one of her as a figure skater doing pairs skating with Schroeder, and one of her as a German operatic soprano. You know the ones with the helmet on. I'm sure it would be a copyright infringement so I haven't done it.

Yes, I'm a "Peanuts" fanatic. I always will be. Maybe someday Molly or one of my other 10 grandchildren will love the "Peanuts Gang" too. Do you think my children will catch my subliminal hint?

2 comments:

  1. Wow - 10 grandchildren and you only have two children...if I do the math that is 3 kiddos for me and 7 for Nicholas! They better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill's favorite was always Snoopy. I definitely think that you are more like Mary than Lucy!!! haha
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete