Friends

Friends

Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy 59th Birthday to Me! July 10th!!!


The children at school used to tell me that I was the only teacher in the whole school who would tell them my age. I told them that two times in my life I wasn't sure I would have another birthday so now I joyfully celebrate them. This year I am counting my blessings. They aren't really in order but the ones toward the end are most important to me!
59 Things I Am Thankful For On My 59th Birthday!
59. Cokes
58. The color “pink”.
57. The “Peanuts” characters, especially Schroeder and Lucy.
56. The fact that even though I have an incurable disease, I feel perfectly well most of the time.
55. My rocking chair on my front porch.
54. Growing up in the ‘50’s and ‘60’s.
53. The loving and caring medical staff at the Fairview Hospital, Bass Baptist Hospital, and Integris Baptist Hospital in OKC.
52. Piano/Organ Duets.
51. Chocolate Sheet Cake.
50. Living in the USA.
49. Small town life.
48. Central air and heat.
47. Christmas!
46. First Baptist Church in El Reno, OK.
45. The “Sooners”!
44. Singing!
43. That I had the chance to teach elementary music at Cornelsen.
42. Reading.
41. Going to the BSU at SWOSU in the ‘70’s.
40. Growing up in El Reno.
39. Mexican food.
38. My favorite shows on television, especially NCIS.
37. Our cute dogs (if they leave me alone).
36. Playing games of all kinds.
35. Having been able to be a stay-at-home mom.
34. Playing the piano.
33. Laughter.
32. My gift of optimism.
31. Children singing with all their hearts.
30. Walking.
29. My new house.
28. Having the chance to go to SWOSU at Weatherford, OK.
27. Flowers, especially “Confetti” lantana.
26. Swimming and diving.
25. Having had the chance to sing in choirs.
24. The Vienna Choir Boys.
23. Getting to be in “The Missionaires”.
22. My sense of humor.
21. My wonderful slate of caring Doctors.
20. All of the wonderful students I have had through the years.
19. The Abbotts and Bisels.
18. That I am still able to accompany the choir.
17. Being blessed with friends.
16. God’s beautiful world.
15. My Church.
14. Retirement.
13. The Seasons.
12. Prayer.
11. All of our extended family.
10. Having my children all in Oklahoma!
9. Dennis’ family!
8. My family, even my sisters!
7. My dear parents who are both still with me!
6. Molly!
5. My precious children and their spouses!
4. Dennis!
3. Experiencing joy.
2. My salvation.
1. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!!! Happy Birthday, Aunt Francy!! I hope you have a super day doing what pleases you!!!
    Love Rhonda

    ReplyDelete