Friends

Friends

Friday, July 16, 2010

Why "Pink"

I told Hayley today that my blog is turning out to be a birthday tribute page. That is ok, I want to do that, but I also want to write about other things.

That brings me to "Why, pink?" During the early part of my life I loved red. I still like it a lot, but I switched to the fabulous color of pink in Junior High. I walked home sometimes with my neighbor, Nikki. She told me that she loved the color pink better than red. For some reason that took hold of me and never let go. That was 47 years ago and I still love PINK!

I told my sister, Joyce and all the students in school, that pink is a universal color. It goes with everything. I consider it the new "black". Joyce isn't buying any of that. She tells me that I have an unhealthy obsession and need to let it go. Don't you feel sorry for her? She just can't see that you can never have too much pink in your life.

I have fabulous great nieces who are pinkaholics with me. They are very smart young ladies. Cameron said just today that he will NEVER be a pinkaholic, but he will sometimes wear a pink shirt. I guess I can put up with that. Now I just have to influence Molly. Wish me luck!

Oh yes, check out the book, "Pinkalicioius". You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment