Friends

Friends

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 234th Birthday, America!

I'd like to salute the men & women who have served in the Armed Forces today. My precious dad served in the Army during World War 2. He was injured twice and is a Purple Heart recipient.

To this day he suffers from his injury. I have never seen him be able to straighten out his arm. He was shot in the elbow. He told me once that Penicillin was invented just in time to save him. He had gangrene in that arm.

When the 4th graders were getting ready to sing for Veterans' Day I always talked to them about how serious we should be. We want to honor these people. Dad is 86 now. I do believe that he would try to defend our country even at this age if the need ever arose.

Thank you to all the heroes who have fought to keep us free!

No comments:

Post a Comment