Friends

Friends

Friday, July 23, 2010

Metisha

I wrote a whole thing about how much I hate being sick and having to go to doctors, give blood, etc., etc., etc. When I read it in light of the prayer vigil for Metisha I felt ashamed of myself. Metisha is in a big battle for her life. My little complaints seem very childish.

I am praying tonight for Metisha in so many ways. She is young, beautiful, fun-loving, well I could go on and on. The biggest thing I can say about her, though, is what an inspiration she is to others going through health concerns. I am praying that she is able to keep her positive spirit. It has to be so hard to do. I am praying that she will get to go back to her teaching this fall. It means so much to her.

Mark has stood by her and watched her struggle. I'm sure it is killing him to not be able to fix it. I am praying for his strength, too. Barbara and Danny have to be hurting inside so hard that they just about can't breathe. No parent wants their precious child to suffer. I am praying that they will be able to withstand all of this.

Lord, please don't let them or their doctors despair. Give them all of your grace and comfort. Thank you, Lord, for the way Regan has kept us all informed even though she probably cried every time she wrote an update.

Lord, please give the doctors wisdom and a plan for Metisha. Help her not to suffer. So many of the cancer treatments make you feel horrible and experience pain. Give her the strength to bear them.

Help us all, Lord, to remember to uphold Metisha all the time, not just during our assigned time. She is your child. Help her to rest in You. Comfort all of her loved ones and give them all the strength they need to carry on. We love and care so much for them. This is so hard for our whole town. We love Metisha and want her health restored.

Lord, we are trusting in You!

No comments:

Post a Comment