Friends

Friends

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas 2

I love the music of Christmas!  Last night we attended the Living Christmas Tree concert at 1st Baptist Church in Weatherford, OK.  Our friends, John & Midge Gerber, are the director and accompanist.  What a lovely evening it was.  All music was performed by memory by an 80 voice choir.  It was glorious.

Recently a performance of "The Messiah" has been going around.  It was a "Random Act of Culture" and happened at the Macy's store in Philadelphia.  Every time I see it, it makes me have tears.  Not only is the music grand (accompanied by a fabulous in-store pipe organ), the message gets to me at the core of my heart.  I know that sounds dramatic, but its the truth.  Music speaks to my inner soul.

I've heard Bing Crosby sing "White Christmas" several times on the radio and wonder if he got totally sick of that song.  :D  I hope not because it always makes me smile.

The last day of school before Christmas break we always had a caroling time at the elementary school.  I was always nervous, but loved it, too.  Since I have retired I can go and just enjoy.  It was great last year, and I can't wait to go this year.  There is nothing in this world like children singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment