Friends

Friends

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas 3

The cold weather has set in.  It isn't unbearable, but I don't care for it.  Where did my beautiful hot summer days go?  People think I'm weird because I wear a flannel shawl most of the year.  That is because my liver condition makes me feel cold a lot.  I keep a shawl at church to wear during the services.  I just need a little more warmth than most folks.

I wouldn't want the weather not to change, though.  I love the ebb and flow of the seasons.  I can put up with the shorter days and cooler temps.  It makes Spring so wonderful when it comes!  That said, I am really jealous that Hayley, Aaron, & Molly have a trip to Phoenix planned in January.  I could go for a dose of the warmer temps.  I totally understand the lure of being a "snowbird".

Some of my favorite Christmas memories involve being "cold".  I remember going to the feed store with dad to get our Christmas tree.  We always went up in the attic to choose it and it was "cold" up there.  Dad used to MAKE us go caroling (which I am ashamed to admit!)  It is a sweet memory now and involved being "cold".  We used to take our kids Christmas shopping in Enid on the square.  I don't think we had Nicholas yet, when this memory occurred.  Hayley and I ran down to Simpsons to shop for Dennis.  It was a really "cold" night, but a great memory that we both love.

The best thing about the cold weather is being inside watching Christmas movies and drinking hot tea or chocolate.  Sounds like a plan for tonight after we brave the "cold" to go the Christmas Band Concert.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment