Friends

Friends

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas '10~After thoughts

Christmas is officially over, but somehow it is lingering in my heart.  I have never spent a Christmas like this before.  I have had some especially wonderful ones that I will never forget, but this one was like no other.

My mortality has weighed heavily on my mind for some reason, not in a morbid way thankfully, but in a savor everything in your heart way.  I praise God every day for my good health.  I feel well, and even though I had three tiring days, I wouldn't have changed a thing.  I went to bed tired but happy every one of those nights!  :D

Our families mean so much to us, and we wish we could have spent time with all of them.  This year we couldn't work it out with Linda and her kids.  That made me sad because I absolutely love Linda's kids and grandkids!  They are all a delight!

Christmas night we had such a good time with our kids.  God has blessed us so much.  Our kids, their spouses, and of course, Molly, bring us so much joy.  We laughed a lot and enjoyed "harmonica" music.  Santa gave all 3 guys harmonicas, and it amazed us how quickly they picked it up.  The learning part wasn't too great, but the final performances were.

On the 26th we had a great time in El Reno, my home town.  I am so blessed to have both of my parents still with me and in such good health.  They have their struggles, but they are still "Mom & Dad".  This year we had everyone there at their house.  We are a loud bunch, but its a joyful noise.  As Dad said, "as long as there aren't any fights going on he doesn't care about noise."  He's right about that.  We just had a good old Christmas and enjoyed the great-grandchildren.  They were our entertainment! :D  By the way, great-grandchild #6 is on her way.  She is slated to arrive at the end of April.  We all can't wait!!  She will be entering the Kincer family.  That is Emberly and Chad, in case you didn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment