Friends

Friends

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 5! Miscellaneous Thoughts

These days Christmas has taken on a different meaning to me.  I still love the anticipation of it all, but I guess as I get older I reflect more on the giving aspect.

I pretty much don't even care if I get any gifts or not.  I love getting them and my family does an amazing job of surprising me with things that I love.  However, the fun of giving is my biggest delight.  I even like to try to surprise Dennis with his gifts.  If I just pay attention, he drops great hints all the time.  My problem is remembering them!  I need to keep a list in my purse.

Last night was the Children's Christmas Program at our church.  I admit to getting a little jaded about them in the past.  When I have helped with them, I have been disappointed in the behavior and attitude of some of the kids and I guess that rubbed off on me.  I was always pretty certain that their parents would be disappointed in them too if they knew.  Doing a program at school was a better situation.  They knew I gave them grades and could send them to the principal.

Last night I was delighted by the singing of the children.  They sang with heart and you could hear them loud and strong.  The play was sweet and they did a great job.  Congratulations to their directors on a job well done.  I actually felt that the children cared about the story they were telling.  It filled me with even more Christmas spirit.

The Christmas story never gets old.  We need to focus on it instead of all the retail aspects of Christmas.  Rhonda Regier sang a song in Church yesterday morning that I keep singing in my mind.  It  is so true.  The baby changed everything.  

2 comments: