Friends

Friends

Monday, July 18, 2011

60th Birthday - Part Two!

Hayley, Aaron, & Molly took Dennis and me to Dallas for my birthday gift.  I had a choice between a party or a trip.  The trip won - hands down.  None of my other friends had done a party so it really wasn't an option for me.  Besides, I love time with my family.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been Nicholas and Brooke being able to come along.  July is a very busy month for Brooke.  She always takes her students to the National FCCLA Convention.

We left bright and early on Saturday, July 9, for Dallas.  It was a little bit close quarters for those of us in the back seat (except Molly).  Her car seat took up a lot of space.  I wasn't too uncomfortable, but I'm afraid that Hayley was.  Nevertheless, she bore it cheerfully, and we made it in good time.

First stop was close to Southern Methodist University.  There is a charming shopping district there.  We ate breakfast at Kuby's and shopped all around.  Two favorite shops were "Unmistakably Molly" and "Baby Bliss".  Of course Hayley and I both begged for one of "Unmistakably Molly's" ink pens.  They were PINK and had Molly's name on them so, of course, I loved them!

I totally love Sprinkles cupcakes.  Sprinkles was close by so I was treated to a Key Lime cupcake for my birthday cake.  LOVED IT!  Molly had fun there, and the cute little table just her size was adorable.
I just had to hit a few shops in this area, too.  Dallas is a shopper's paradise!  :)

I won't bore you with all of the shopping we did, but we hit a lot of our favorite stores that we enjoyed in Phoenix.  Sure wish they were in Oklahoma City.  I do believe there is hope that they will be coming.


Lunch/Supper was at In-N-Out Burger, another of my favorite places. I just love it that their cups, burger boxes, etc.  have Bible verses on them.  They are Rev. 3:20 on the burgers, Prov. 3:5 on the green shake cups, and John 3:16 on the red coke cups.  One time in Phoenix I asked a worker there what the verses said since they just say John 3:16 (for example). He didn't know the answer to that question.  That made me sad.  If I owned that restaurant, I would insist that everyone who worked there could quote them in case someone asked.


We finished the day with a salad supper from "Whole Foods".  Yummy!  More to come in Part Three!


(Rev. 3:20 - "Behold I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." 


Prov. 3:5 - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." 


John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him  should not perish, but have everlasting life.") 






No comments:

Post a Comment