Friends

Friends

Thursday, July 14, 2011

60th Birthday - Part One!

I'm not too crazy about turning 60 years old, but if you have no choice - grin and bear it!  It doesn't hurt if your family spoils you completely that weekend, too!

I was totally delighted by the birthday weekend I had.  It was memorable as you'll discover later on.  First I want to start with Friday night.  I knew that we had a trip to Dallas planned for Saturday and El Reno on Sunday.  As far as I knew Dennis and I were going to run a few errands in OKC Friday and then spend the night with Hayley, Aaron, & Molly so we could get an early start Saturday morning.

Dennis, Hayley, and Aaron were cooking up another plan.  Dennis told me that he wanted to leave at 1:00 on Friday.  When I was getting ready he told me I needed to dress up a little.  That certainly peaked my curiosity.  When we left I wanted to go through Fairview first, but he told me we didn't have time.  We had to be there by 4:15!  Now I was really wondering.  What could possibly start at that hour, too early for dinner, a concert, or anything else I could imagine?

When Dennis told me he was worried about rush hour traffic, I decided it must involve downtown OKC, but still no clue!  I tried not to notice too much what was around us when we parked because I didn't want to spoil the surprise.  Well, Dennis totally pulled it off.  We had reservations for The Melting Pot.  Ever since Hayley and Aaron went there I have wanted to go, but knew it was very pricey!  I never really expected to go there.
  
The Melting Pot is fondue at its finest!  We leisurely enjoyed our 4 course meal.  It took about two hours.  So much fun!  It was a once in a lifetime experience that I think Dennis even enjoyed!  He didn't even have a heart attack over the bill.  Obviously, he had been warned in advance.  As usual I got in trouble with Hayley because I didn't take a camera for a picture!


This is just the first part of a fabulous weekend!  More to come!  Hayley did take her camera so the rest of the trip was photographed!

No comments:

Post a Comment