Friends

Friends

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Boomer Sooner!

Football season is my favorite sport season of the year!  I'm a girly-girl, but I love football!  I watch basketball (a little), but I really get into football, especially OU!!!!  That is the reason that I put red on the blog this time.  Don't worry, pink will return!

I always think of Dennis' mother, Lucille Kusch, this time of year, too.  She loved Big 12 football.  She would call me and have me tell her what games were on.  She loved OU the best, but would watch whichever Big 12 game was on. On Saturdays she would watch one game after another. She was also known to watch a team wearing red and white because she would think they were OU.  I always smile when I remember how she would call me to see what the score was because her eyesight was getting so bad that she couldn't see it on tv.

The year that the Yellowjackets won the State Championship Lucille attended nearly every game.  She stuck it out through the cold weather clear to the end.  That's a true fan. Of course, the fact that Nicholas was on the team was a real drawing card.  At the State Finals he had quite a crew of family there watching him.

I love football.  I'm so glad that Lucy doesn't play for OU.  I think you can see why!!!  :)

(I am now singing!)  
"Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner, 
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner!  
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner, 
Boomer Sooner, OKU!
  
I'm a Sooner born, and a Sooner bred, 
and when I die I'll be a Sooner dead.  
Rah Oklahoma, Rah Oklahoma, 
Rah Oklahoma, OKU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment