Friends

Friends

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Ronnie!

Tomorrow, May 19, is Ron Paulsen’s birthday. For years I have left letters to family members on my computer when we went on trips. In case something happened, I wanted them to know how I felt about them. After my illness in March of 2009 I decided that I should tell them now instead of waiting, so this year I started sending each one a letter on their birthday. Believe me, I get very emotional when I write them. It is impossible to say everything I want to say. I know that probably seems sappy, but I’ve always been a sap so why change now!

One of the best things I ever did in my life was to marry Dennis. Not only is he a wonderful husband, father, and all-round good man, but he also gave me the gift of his family to share. From the very start I felt that I was part of them.

I love Linda like a blood sister. I’ll get to her more in October. Today I want to talk about Ronnie. Not only was he a very handsome man, but he was so good to us. Dennis looked up to him as a role model. He was intelligent and quiet and gave good common sense advice to us all of our lives.

You learned a lot about Ronnie just by watching him. He quietly did what was right all of his life. I don’t know of anyone who didn’t like him. All the qualities that you look for in a person were there to see. Trustworthy just seems to describe him. He also fathered two of my most favorite people in this world!

It was a big loss to our family when he passed away. It still doesn’t seem real to us. Dennis and I feel that we ought to be able to go to Ponca City and see him. It just doesn’t seem possible that he is gone.

May 19 is also Hayley’s birthday. Ronnie told me from the time he heard I was expecting that she was going to be born on his birthday. He was totally right. Sharing a birthday with Ronnie is something Hayley treasures.

Happy Birthday to a wonderful man, my brother-in-law, Ron Paulsen.

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Daddy!!!!!
    Thank you, Francy, for your tributes. Very special
    Love Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Francy for your loving, kind words about Dad! It just doesn't seem right that he's not with us anymore!

    Love, Regina

    ReplyDelete