Friends

Friends

Monday, May 10, 2010

Invisible?

I read a book once about a woman who was getting older and started to feel like she was invisible. I think I am beginning to see what she meant.

Some things that I felt were a big part of me seem to be disappearing. I have always delighted in being a musician. It still brings me a great deal of joy, but I see that some parts are becoming a thing of the past. The piano is not a big part of worship services these days. I mainly accompany the choir. (Which by the way, is another thing that I am afraid is about to become a thing of the past!) The piano seems to be on its way out and so does the organ.

All of this had me wondering where do I fit in this world. Then just about the time I was thinking this could get depressing, life took another change. I saw that while the other might be true, I was entering a new phase of life. A certain little bundle of joy named Molly opened my eyes. My new life is GRANDMA FRANCY. Who could possibly think they were becoming invisible when they have grandchildren? If no one else in the world sees us, they do.

I'll be able to sing silly songs to someone new. I have already stolen my sisters' and sister-in-law's grandchildren as my own for years. I can't begin to tell you how precious all of them are. Sorry, Hayley, Aaron, Nicholas, and Brooke. I am hooked on this grandma thing. The more the merrier! Life is great!

1 comment:

  1. I know...I've entered a new phase in life, too...and I love it!

    ReplyDelete