Friends

Friends

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!


Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful mother! Three girls could never have asked for a better one. She taught us to love to read and sewed nearly everything we wore. She passed along her love for music to all three of us.

One of the things that amazes me about her is her gift of hospitality. She has always hosted large groups for holidays or whatever and never seemed to let it bother her. She is a great cook. My friends even remember that about her.

Probably the most important thing she and dad did was take us to church. All three of us realized our need for a personal Savior and asked Jesus to save us. We all three serve in our own churches now.

I could go on and on about her, but my one wish is that I can measure up in some small way to her! I love you, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, too, Grandma Belle!
    You are so lovely inside and out!
    I'm so thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the wonderful shopping trips. Mom taught us all 3 to shop. Rode the bus to Oklahoma City, and wore us out. I have never stopped. She taught us well. We always looked like we had a million, and we all know that we did not, but in true Proverbs style. . . she stretched & worked so hard to make it all be right, and it always was. I thank God every single day for my wonderful mother. Greater than rubies. . . . no question. In every way the perfect mom. . . .wouldn't change a single thing.

    ReplyDelete