Friends

Friends

Friday, June 17, 2011

Miss Oklahoma Pageant

I don't know why but I have always loved beauty pageants.  When we were little girls we would pick one of the contestants and pretend we were them.  We did that with movies on television, too, but that's another story.  I'm sure you are all shocked to find out that I never competed in one.  :)  That might have taken some of the glow out of it for me.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

These past few years, though, I have been attending the Miss Oklahoma pageant.  It is so much fun.  The talent, of course, is my favorite part.  Evening gown runs a close second.  I don't really like the swimsuit part too much.  I feel nervous for them.  It has to be the hardest thing to walk out in a bikini like that.

I attend now because of this beautiful young lady, Brittany Jo Bisel.  She is our daughter-in-law, Brooke's sister.  Let me tell you my sister-Joyce, niece-Kourtney, and I are quite a cheering section for her.  Yes, you'd probably say we are obnoxious.  The first picture was on the posters on sticks that we were waving.  So pretty!  Kristin is a red coat for the pageant so she is backstage with the contestants.  She's always cheering for Brittany, too.

Brittany sings like an angel, the kind of voice I only dreamed of having.  I'm not prejudiced either.  The whole crowd roars when she is finished.  She actually gave me chills.

I enjoy all of the talent, but have to say I have realized that I am totally nervous for all of the pianists.  I know how it is when your nerves take over, and you start to lose control of your fingers.  I can feel the vibrations coming from them.




I just had to include this picture of my beautiful daughter-in-law, Brooke, and Nicholas.  I don't get to see them this dressed up very often.  Such a cute couple!  I know I'm prejudiced and proud of it!  :)







The picture of Nicholas alone was taken after it was all over.  It is Nicholas to a T!  :D  He said he'd had enough of that tie!


No comments:

Post a Comment