Friends

Friends

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tornadoes!

Yesterday afternoon we were weather watching pretty carefully.  The weathermen were warning people in our area to be on the look out and to be ready to seek shelter.

Dennis was sitting on the porch looking out to the southwest and called me to come out and look.  We saw a huge tornado!  It looked as though it might be heading towards us so when it became rain-wrapped we headed for our safe room.

I called on friends and family to pray for us, and God answered our prayers.  The tornado went a mile west of us.  It is heartbreaking to see the damage it caused to our neighbors and a nearby church.  Also, the brother of one of my dear friends was severly injured and had to be airlifted to a hospital.  I'm sure his family would appreciate your prayers.

Whenever we had a tornado drill at school the children were always afraid that a tornado might come some day.  I told them that I had lived in Oklahoma all of my life and had never seen a tornado.  Well, I can't say that anymore!  I saw one way too close, in my opinion.

My thoughts are with everyone who has suffered from one of these dangerous storms.  Their power to destroy is mind-boggling.

(P.S.)  Danny Giager took some amazing video and photos.  I know him and will ask him if I can use one of his photos on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment