Friends

Friends

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Day!


I love snow days!  I am disappointed when the weatherman predicts a big snow, and we only get a light sprinkling.  I want it to cover the ground.  Blowing snow does NOT count!  I don't want any of my family out in it, though.  I want them all safe and sound in their homes!

This is what I found when I woke up this morning.  When I went to bed we had a little snow and I figured that was it.  Who knew this glorious sight was being prepared for me while I slept?  We had 10 inches!

I remember loving snow days as a child.  Once we built a snow fort in the front yard.  Dad helped us.  Mom was always ready with hot chocolate when we came inside.  She also made us snow ice cream. Such fun memories.  Mom told me the other day that she always enjoyed it when we had a snow day, too.  :D

As you all know, my illness makes me tend to be cold most of the time.  I don't venture outside in the cold weather much, but I sure can enjoy looking at the snow from my cozy house.  I don't think Dennis enjoyed the snow too much.  He got stuck in our driveway and couldn't make it to work.  Got to ride the tractor back to the house in the freezing cold. Then later he went to try to get the car out and check our mail and got stuck again!  Now the Vibe and the tractor are blocking our drive.  This time he got to walk the half mile back to the house.  Thankfully I had a nice hot stew nearly ready for him when he came in.  I think it hit the spot.  He ate 3 helpings.  You know "eatin' speaks louder than words". That is one of our favorite quotes from Mr. Darling on the Andy Griffith Show.  Yes, it's true.  I know that show so well I can quote it!!  :D  Oh yes, these pictures are of our back yard.

2 comments:

  1. Did you two have a snow ball fight? heehee

    Rhonda and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm a spoil sport! I won't come out of the house in the cold unless it is an absolute emergency!!! Somehow I don't think Dennis was in the mood for it anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete