Friends

Friends

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog's Day!

Here it is, Groundhog's Day!  I hoped against hope that he wouldn't see his shadow, but the sun is shining brightly outside.  Six more weeks of winter!  I'm not looking forward to it.

On the bright side, the sun IS shining!  Out here in the country no one has spoiled the beautiful white snow.  The sun glistening on the snow is dazzling.  What a view to look at from my cosy house!

Last night I was thinking back and wondering if it ever happens that the groundhog would not see his shadow.  You know, I do remember a year or two when that happened.  I don't remember an early spring those times, though.  It was many years ago and I'm not kidding!  It was probably when I was in elementary school so you know it was MANY years ago!  :)  I know we are all supposed to go by Punxsutawney Phil but I never do.  I figure he doesn't know anything about Oklahoma weather!  Wait a minute!  I just checked the news and saw that Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early spring.  Maybe this year I'll go by him after all.  They did say, though, that  his accuracy is about 39%.  Not too reassuring!

I'm probably just going to have to endure and make the most of the warmer days when they come.  My beautiful warm weather is just around the corner!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment