Friends

Friends

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy 87th Birthday, Daddy!

Today is my dad's birthday.  He is 87 years old.  I am happy to say that he doesn't seem that old.  He is still out and about much like he always has been.  Maybe moving a little slower, but still "Homer".   

There's simply nothing that can replace your daddy.  He still takes care of us when we need it.  Plus I've mentioned before that he is mom's chauffeur, date for lunch, errand boy, and all-round good guy!

I love to watch dad usher at church.  If someone tries to leave after Sunday School and miss church he blocks the door like he won't let them out.  There's simply no one else like him.

As you can see by the picture, He is still a handsome man.  You hardly ever see him without a smile.  His merry spirit shines through.  He tried a different haircut for a while, but we made him go back to his old style.  He just didn't look like our dad without his "Ronald Reagan" hair.  


Dad loves to travel.  I get that from him.  I always tell him that he and I need to go on a trip and leave mom and Dennis at home.  They are both more homebodies.


Joyce, Betty Jean, and I owe him a lot.  We don't tell him that often enough.  Dad, I love you and hope you have a happy birthday.

Love, Francy

No comments:

Post a Comment