Friends

Friends

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

A new year is here.  I have always loved the idea of the fresh start and all, but these days I cherish each new year even more.  I know I sound morbid and I don't mean to be, but every year (actually even day) that God gives me seems like a real blessing.  This doesn't mean that every day is pure delight.  Of course I have hectic days occasionally that aren't fun, but I'm grateful for time to spend with family and friends.

I'm a quirky person in a lot of ways and I know that.  One of my quirks is that I love when a new decade starts.  Just having the new year end in 1 fills me with that fresh start feeling.  What can I do this new decade to make the world a better place?  How will God use me?  I pray that I'll be open to His leading.

I'm planning on taking better care of myself this year.  I know that in the last few weeks especially I haven't followed doctors' orders very well.  My strength level was pretty low at times, but the joy of the season carried me through.  Besides, when you have someone like Molly to play with, you just can't pass up the chance!  :D

Lets make a pact.  We're going to have a healthier year this year and draw closer to our Heavenly Father. We can't help but be blessed if we do that.  Happy 2011 to all of my precious family and friends!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2011! It is bittersweet for 2010 to end because it was the year that Molly was born, but I love a new year and new decade, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a deal Aunt Francy. Here's to healthier living and being closer to God.
    Thank you for your inspiration.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete